Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Tree Candle Holder

Another cute and very easy Christmas idea my kids and I stumbled upon was this clever little Christmas tree candle holder. I have my gorgeous sis-in-law to thank for this very neat festive craft.


What you need:


* Air drying clay
* Collection of star cookie cutters (variety of sizes)
* Sharp knife
* Green acrylic paint
* Paint brush
* White candles

How to do it:


Roll out the clay on a hard surface. Cut various sizes of stars out of the clay.


Place a candle in the center of the two smallest stars.


Carefully cut a circle around the candle leaving a round, candle-sized hole in the center of each of the smallest two stars.


Stack the stars on top of one another at haphazard angles. Start with the largest star and end with the two small stars bearing the holes. Make sure the holes line up with one another. Set the little pyramid aside to dry.


Once the clay is fully dried, paint the entire tree green. (Applying a varnish over the paint is a finishing option). Insert a candle in the holder at the top of the tree and decorate your Christmas table.

1 comment:

Joanna Salibi said...

Dear Jess,
I really love your blog and all the creative ideas for arts and crafts. I made the Christmas tree candle holder with my kindergarteners but, for some reason, when I go to your blog, I can't view any of your photos!!!! (Knowing that I tried from a apple and Microsoft computers to make sure it has nothing to do with that). Any way to be able to view them?
(Joannasalibi@gmail.com)