Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pet Rocks - Ladybirds


This was a fun afternoon project which my girls took to quite enthusiastically. We collected the stones while on a beach holiday, and I already had the paint and the varnish, so this project cost me nothing. This is how we did it.

What we used:


* Round stones
* Acrylic craft paint
* Paintbrush
* Black permanent marker
* Crafter's varnish

How we did it:


* Paint the stones in a colour of your choice. You may need several layers to create a smooth surface. Allow to dry.


* Using the permanent marker, draw a face, as well as wing markings and "spots".

* Paint the face and spots in the colours of your choice. Allow to dry.


* Apply a couple of layers of varnish.

All done!

1 comment:

Chef Sam said...

Oh my word, I am loving your new blog!!! You should really put this into book form! you would make a killing!!!