Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fun Spaghetti

I received this idea via a forwarded email, so I don't take responsibility for it, but I wanted to share it because it is a fun way to get the kids involved in the meal preparations. (The photos are my own original pics - just to prove that all ideas posted on the Vacation Station have been tried and tested by me and my crew!)

Quite simply, this is a fun way with an old favourite: Spaghetti and viennas.

You'll need:
Twice as many viennas as there are mouths to feed (two each).
Uncooked spaghetti.
Pot of boiling water (add oil and salt as you would when cooking any pasta)

How to do it:
Chop viennas into bite-size pieces.
Get the kids to push the spaghetti sticks through the viennas - about 6 or 7 sticks of spaghetti per piece of vienna.


Place the prepared spaghetti into the boiling water and cook as you would normal pasta.
Drain and serve!


This makes eating spaghetti a lot easier for little hands that usually lose the slippery strands from their forks - by stabbing the vienna onto your fork, you've got your spaghetti quite securely too!

1 comment:

Paola said...

That's sooo cool!!!!
Me and my husband are the only kids at home though! hahhahah.
We will have fun with that!